Saturday, June 15, 2024

Sweet and Thoughtful Uncle

 

*My own original photos.* 

I am at my parent’s house until Monday after work, celebrating Father’s Day. Today I finally got my box of gifts in the mail from my Uncle David whom I am very close with. He is my dad’s younger brother. Our first trip we took together was when I turned sixteen and we went to New York City for the first time. The package in the mail took, at least, two times to get to North Carolina. He said it was a long story he didn’t want to get into. He loves to travel a lot internationally but right now is in his home in Massachusetts, I believe. Inside was a journal and a calligraphy kit. I am excited to learn how to use this. I have already been looking up Chinese characters of their alphabet through Pinterest and YouTube videos on how to use the ink. There is also a satchel with good, smelling herbs inside to hang in a closet. The lettering on it means good luck. A bookmark with a Phoenix on it. Rising from the ashes and a fan. I also received a Christmas ornament from Bethlehem, which was his journey last year. It’s in the shape of of a bell made from Olive Wood. I called him right away after I had read his note explaining what everything was, so excited. I am so appreciative of our special relationship. It’s been at least a year, maybe two since I last saw him. I’ve missed him at Thanksgiving but I know I can always call him about anything. I’ve been thinking of places to go to on our next adventure together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Animal Acrostic Poem

  Dolphins D olphins dive into the deep O verjoyed to splash around and play  L oves to snack on other fish in the sea P urposes, Bottlenose...