Thursday, June 13, 2024

Ice Cream, Movie Nights and Friendship Bracelets

*My Own Original Photo.* 

It’s been a great couple of days back here in the Friendship House. I’m going back to my parent’s house over the weekend because of Father’s Day. So I’ll be missing the neighborhood Pig Picking. It’s still overall very quiet within the Houses but my upstairs apartment is happy again, at times. Filled with my two roommates/friends coming in and out from other commitments or outings. Right now, though on my floor it's just me, so I thought this would be the perfect time to catch up on my writing. 


Also, on Tuesday as roommate time, my friends and I went to Simons Says Dip This. It’s a decadent ice cream shop where you can dip the ice cream in fun different flavors. We don’t go there very often but I think I like it better than the Parlor. I got soft serve vanilla ice cream drenched in a cake batter dip with Oreos and rainbow sprinkles. It was the perfect sweet treat and I ate it all. The cake batter dip was actually a blue color but I was nervous that it was going to make my tongue and teeth blue too. Later that evening, Laura and I watched the remake of the movie Footloose. I’ve never seen either version but I liked it. Some parts were a little intense and drama filled but others were fun and all about dancing and racing. 


Yesterday after work, I stopped in my local Hallmark store to pick up a nice Father’s Day card for my dad. While I was waiting in line at the checkout, I noticed they had a display of friendship bracelets from Little Words Project. I had been seriously considering getting one anyways, have been following their Instagram and checked out their website. The word I picked was ‘strength.’ I don’t completely love the colors that go with it because it’s pink but it’s the word that matters. I can be alright with it, though. I’m wearing the bracelet today, too. I love that it’s a clean, simple, classic word that really resonates with me. 


Once when I returned to Friendship House, I chilled out for most of the afternoon. I went on a lot of walks yesterday instead of taking my usual nap. Went on an even longer walk with Laura and Jessica to and from Reality. I even saw the prettiest sunset falling over the city, later that evening. I will never get tired of those views, they forever steal my heart. I strongly believe that the best sunsets are the ones that start off with the softest glow, light pouring in through the windows. It makes me happy and is the perfect way to end a day. 



* My Own Original Photo.*


No comments:

Post a Comment

Animal Acrostic Poem

  Dolphins D olphins dive into the deep O verjoyed to splash around and play  L oves to snack on other fish in the sea P urposes, Bottlenose...